We may be biased, but we think there are many people who agree with us: food is the most important part of any event. The difference between a good party and a great party is the menu. People not only need to eat, they love to eat! Make sure to satisfy your guests by prioritizing delicious catering for your event in Livonia. At Thomas’s Catering, we would be happy to help you with our highly rated catering services in Michigan!
When it comes to event catering, there are things you should do, and things you should avoid. In this article, we will go over the dos and don’ts of catering to help you plan!
- Consider the weather. There’s nothing that will rain on your parade more than… well, rain. When you’re planning any event, it’s crucial to account for bad weather. The problem with planning events well in advance is that you can’t predict what the weather will be. Always have a backup plan so that you can be prepared for any type of weather on the day of your event.
- Know your budget. At Thomas’s Catering, we’re more than happy to accommodate your budget. Just make sure that you know exactly what that is. Many people underestimate their budget when it comes to event planning. How much you budget will dictate what we serve and how long we stay at an event. Keep these factors in mind when deciding on a budget.
- Let us take the reins. The reason you are hiring professional caterers for an event is so that we can take all those responsibilities off your plate. While we are happy to accommodate any of your requests, also keep in mind that we do things the way that we do for a reason. You can trust us to do everything in our power to offer catering you’re proud to feature at your event.
- Offer variety. These days, there is a diverse range of dietary restrictions and preferences. While this can be a challenging part of catering, we enjoy the opportunity to get creative! Make sure that you’re offering all different types of cuisines. Even something as simple as having a variety of condiments can help your guests best enjoy their food.
- Make a lot of last-minute changes. We make a point to plan our events well in advance to ensure we have all the essential supplies. Last-minute changes are difficult to accommodate and create unnecessary stress for you. Stick to the plan to ensure you have the smoothest experience possible.
- Add a lot of guests after the final confirmed headcount. Generally speaking, we plan for extra guests just in case. That being said, we don’t want to add too much food to your menu as to avoid waste. Adding 20 new guests to your list at the last minute will cause some unnecessary confusion, and we may not be able to accommodate them.
- Assume your caterer can serve alcohol. Not every caterer has a liquor license. Fortunately, here at Thomas’s Catering, we do! We can set up a bar at your adult event without an issue. In fact, we are the only caterer in the area who can do this for you!
If you’re looking for catering in Livonia, there is one clear choice. Contact Thomas’s Catering for our services in Michigan!